Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Work and working on my sick leave

I made it to work by 6:30 this morning and typed in some more grades for ELA. I still need to finish a few more of those grades, then type in the rest of the short Science section, and a long math section of grades yet. So much d@ng typing to do for report cards but it's so much easier on the computer.

It would have been so much easier if I had been doing this on the computer since week one but I do this most years. I usually get them in there by 5 weeks for mid-quarter marks but I've been in such a bind of rotten feelings that that didn't happen then.

I have one medical note in hand and another should be arriving today in the mail. I drafted my application for sick bank leave approval letter and that needs a tiny tweak. I have put in a second call to my PCP for his letter.

I also called the payroll lady to find out when I was out at the end of last year. I can use all my days for sick/personal this year and go back into last year's dates to try and combine time to get thirty days so I can go without missing a paycheck. My boss, himself, called me and told me about that yesterday afternoon. Wasn't that the nicest thing?

I work with and for some really awesome people. Then again, like all of us, I also work with a few people who are like cats' nails on a sharpened chalk board!

I feel good about making progress with the sick leave and getting grades in. I have a great partner in my Special Education teacher who I speak with daily to see what's going on and where I should focus my planning for the next day. I seem to have a good solid sub in the room teaching who is not a "spineless wonder", which would be a problem in my room.

I will be going back in to work this afternoon to work on typing in grades some more and finishing plans for maybe the rest of the week. It would be awesome to sleep in for at least one or two days this week. I drive to work so exhausted and still all over the place but I get there and back mostly okay.

Not sure if I mentioned this yesterday but Tysabri number two is next Monday and on Tuesday I will be back in the neurologist's office to be checked over. Then I think he will schedule new MRIs as he wanted to do them now but I mentioned that Ty #2 is coming up so maybe we should wait.

That means I can get the hands checked out, the depression noticed, and the mental stuff and fevers looked at again.

PS: I apologize for grammar errors as I have stopped proofreading lately....


Denver Refashionista said...

Slowly but surely you're getting you ducks in a row. Good for you. I took yesterday and today off so when I go back I get to panic and about what I missed and about creating new, emergency plans. Hopefully the hiatus will kick my butt into gear.

Lanette said...

Congrats on getting things done and back in order. Sounds like you are covering all your bases! :)

Good luck with Ty #2.