Friday, October 24, 2008

My wacky little world

I told my grade level team this morning about my plan to take a sick bank leave and they were all very supportive. I do work with some awesome people and I take great pity on the special ed teacher that works in my room. First off, she had to work with me and she still does as I call her daily to see what was and wasn't accomplished so I know where to direct my plans for the next school day.

My poor brother was supposed to come home from Iraq in three weeks to get married. His devoted fiancee has called off the wedding as of Monday. The problem apparently is that my brother is in the military and his fiancee doesn't like that. She also doesn't want to move to Germany when his time in Iraq is up.

This reminds me of Adam Sandler in "The Wedding Singer" when his fiancee leaves him at the altar and later tells him why and he responds with something akin to the phrase, "Something that could have been brought to my attention yesterday!" Of course, my brother's been in the military since she met him in February so maybe she should have considered that a few months back.....? Just a thought.

I'm tired and not all at the same time. I want to sleep with this depression but my body isn't allowing excessive sleep even without the Provigil. I explained the depression today to my shrink as sitting in a bathtub filled with joy and happiness and someone else pulling the plug while my nekked and distorted flabbo body remains in the tub exposed to all that is wrong with the world.

There's so much that is wacky in my world but I'm too tired to type it all, especially after getting caught up with the whole award thing. Two posts in a night is probably as exhausting as good sex used to be in my life.

2 comments:

Denver Refashionista said...

Thanks for the award. I hope now that you are taking a leave that things will go better for you.

BRAINCHEESE said...

Your brother may be far better off finding out this news NOW, than later...people are fickle. And absolutely ODD at the same time!

Linda D. in Seattle