Tuesday, December 9, 2008

A short one




I have a love-love affair with my heating pad aka corn bag that gets warmed up in the microwave. Most MSers can't stand the heat or the opposite, which would be the cold (duh!). I have my reasons for liking both, just not usually at the same time.

It's time for the corn bag/heating pad to come out and play. Last night my right leg (the one that likes to spasm the most) started thumping and rippling a little at bedtime. I threw in a Klonopin on top of the other night-time meds and prayed for the best.

Yippee, I slept but as arousal came I noticed the pop-pop-popping of my right leg in a quiet nagging little way. Good moooooooooooorning, Weeble Girl. That meant I needed to keep moving my leg around to stop the annoying little twitches which is difficult when you're still interested in sleeping.

So now I'm up and the corn bag has been under my leg and it has calmed down. Of course, I am also upright so that means it can start again when I lie down but I have the corn bag at the ready.

My dad also goes back to the hospital today for another heart catherization. This will be his third in about a month. He doesn't have a good feeling about this one but I will certainly update you as time goes on. He's not scheduled until later today and must go in early to receive extra fluids and meds for his kidneys. It sounds awful but I'm not going. I asked my mom if she wanted me to go but she said no, that it would be too long of a day.

And as awful as that sounds, she is right. They're leaving at 10 to be there at 11, he needs hours of fluids, the procedure starts at 3, the last one took two hours, and then he has to remain flat for three more hours. It has not been decided yet if they will keep him in the hospital overnight, although I suspect they will. That's just another thing this disease has taken from me- the ability to do what normal people do and stay awake and take care of things.

That's all I've got for now. I'm tired and going to work on the leg thing some more to see if I can't sneak in some more sleep.

No comments: