Friday, December 12, 2008

I'm off to see the shrink and I don't pay a nickel!


Today is my long awaited appointment with my shrink, whom I adore and have been working with since 2000. I know that some of you must be thinking I am really messed up and you're right. Nah, not as bad as I used to be. I'm one of those gals who holds on to emotional clutter for long after it's served its practical use.

I canceled my last appointment so it's been five weeks of stuff to talk about. I walk in the office, he closes the door and I start my emotional spillage. It's my time and I can cuss or cry or laugh or do whatever I want for about 48 minutes or so.

I also am attending a social function this afternoon with some of my colleagues at one of their domiciles. I'm not one to go out but look at me gooooooooooo. I'm bringing the hostess a bag of little presents and I need to find something to bring that is edible. That means a trip to the grocery store after the emotional verbage has been brought forth to the light.

My dad is home from the hospital and is not scheduled for any further surgery at the moment. He has to have a nuclear stress test in three weeks to see what's going on. He had three stents put in during this last two-hour plus catherization, his third cath in a month.

That's all I've got for quickies.

No comments: