Monday, April 13, 2009

To post, but what about?

I feel the need to put something down here because it's been several days since I've made an appearance on the blog. So what should I write about?


Easter

It's come and gone for another year and I went to my parents' to celebrate the holiday. I had the opportunity to Facebook chat with my brother who is still in Iraq in the morning. My sister who is stationed at Ft. Campbell, KY called in the afternoon. I was the lucky recipient of an Easter basket with a solid chocolate bunny, some Reese's peanut butter eggs, and some scratch off lottery tickets. I don't usually get a basket but had requested a small one and my wish came true.

I called bio-dad in the evening and capped the day off with the latest episode of the "Amazing Race".



Other stuff

I have about three weeks before I go back to work. I am both delighted and concerned that my "free time" is coming to an end. I even had a frightmare today about my class behaving in a terrible way and not listening to me. I have the what if's. What if I mess up? What if I can't handle it? What if, what if, what if? What if I am fabulous?



More other stuff

Today's chores included doing a load of laundry. The washer is located outside my door in the basement. It started out like any other load of laundry with the detergent and the clothes and the machine. Then something went bad, terribly, horribly bad. The darned thing wouldn't drain and spin dry my clothes!

Zoinks! That left me with an open washer filled to the brim with water and clothes. I had to reach in and pull the water-logged items out and try to wring them out the best I could. Then I had to make two trips with slightly less water-logged clothing items over to another building so I could use that washer.

And I was vanquished as this time this other machine performed its draining and spin drying cycle. Of course this required me to make another trip to get the laundry to put into the dryer in my own apartment building but I finished the laundry.

Yes, you read that correctly. I finished the laundry!

That's all I've got for now. Weebs

3 comments:

Stuart said...

How does Stuart, contact Weebie Girl?

Please write to: stuartschlossman@bellsouth.net

Diane said...

I am SURE you will be Fabulous back with your students! :-)

Glad to hear you are doing so well.

Weeble Girl said...

Thanks Lanette, I appreciate your support!