Sunday, April 19, 2009

Sunday nights and other stuff

Okay, I only have two more Sundays (including tonight) before I have to go back to work full-time. I go back on May 1 which is a Friday so that doesn't count as a full week. The best part of Sunday nights is watching The Amazing Race. It's a great show where teams of two people travel all over the world (and I do mean all over the world, except for Antarctica) performing certain tasks while trying to be the first to complete them so they aren't eliminated. (The last team to arrive may be eliminated.)

You get to see places that you'll most likely never see and you don't need to get a dumb passport picture taken. It's one hour, including commercials, where you get to see how smart or how not smart people are as they try to complete various tasks. It's like a nicer and cleaner Survivor but they are traveling non-stop. I have to tell you that there are no sports interrupting it tonight so it will start in just a few minutes. Yippee.


Other news

I left the house today with my friend LF and we went to A.C. Moore and I bought a few things for work. Big purchase was name tags for their desks. The kids hate them but they are super valuable when you're moving desks. It's also handy for subs and for marking people absent which I have the kiddos do.


More other news

My half-sister has asked me to go to bio-dad's house on Tuesday to see her. She's there overnight from Monday to Tuesday. I am going. That means more news later on this week. I'm scared to go by myself but I am going. Talk about stepping outside your safety zone.

2 comments:

Heather said...

I can't imagine what you are feeling about returning to the classroom. I took off this whole school year to stay at home with my baby. I will be returning in Sept. and already am so anxious. Good luck to you!

Denver Refashionista said...

Best of luck with the return to school. I'm counting down the days until it all ends.