Sunday, November 30, 2008

Welcome to December (almost)

Monday is a neurologist appointment followed up shortly after with Tysabri infusion number three. I'm already planning on what I will bring with me to pass the time at the infusion center. When you're attached to a stupid IV pole you'd be surprised how awkward it is to do the most mundane of tasks. Not to mention some of the chairs they have which are hard to get out of if you're only 5 feet tall and built like a refrigerator. I'd like to try and walk for a while but I suspect I'd just be getting in the nurses' way as I made a loop around the two nurses' centers. Plus, I'd be able to look into everyone's little suite so that probably wouldn't fly with the privacy issue.

Last time during my infusion I marked some papers, read a little and watched the good cable with the remote firmly attached to my hand. I don't have good cable at home, only channels 2-14 and 75-77 for about eight dollars a month. I have an inkling that I'll watch some TV again as it does help pass the time in those weird chairs. I'm so short that I don't fit well in most chairs; often I can't touch the floor with my feet when I sit in chairs and I end up being perched on the end of chairs so I can try and reach the floor. That also happens at the neuro's office. I end up perched on the edge trying to sit comfortably.

The pain in my hands and arms and fingers has significantly improved although I'm not sure how much of that is from being off from work and how much is Tysabri. I still have fatigue issues that are off the chart even with a bit of Provigil. I'm even having some dreams about going back to work again, not being able to control the kids, the kind that wake me up and make me feel cranky because that's never been a real life issue for me. I just don't want to be worrying about school now when I'm supposed to be taking care of me.

I did the 20 minute Turbo Jam program today and I did a little better than the other day. I'm going to try and continue with it for 3-4 times a week, like every other day. I need to lose weight so I can actually wear my clothes. I cannot blame Thanksgiving for me being so wide; that's been a problem of mine for years now and I can't blame it on any turkey.

Maybe once I have my Nintendo Wii and my Wii Fit that I'll be able to get more parts of me worked out at my low and slooooooow level. I'll let you know how that goes.

3 comments:

Heather said...

You are 1" taller than me! I totally understand the short thing. I sometimes feel like an eight year old when sitting in a chair and my feet don't touch.

I don't know what to tell you about your dreams you continue to have about returning to school. I am taking of this school year to stay at home w/ my baby and I am so anxious about going back next year. I think teachers alway have teaching on their brain. We are always thinking about it. You need to find a way to take your mind off of returning to work. I'll try to think of something. When/if I do I'll let you know.

Unknown said...

Yay to you for getting in shape. It is a long process, but slow and steady wins the race. It really does. The problem I always had with exercise was getting bored with it.
Cheers!
S.

Diane said...

Oh I love the Wii! I just played Wii Bowling over the holiday weekend! After only 1 game I was sweating buckets! You'll love it!