Saturday, November 1, 2008

November's nightmare

Okay, I thought spending hours looking for EOBs, typing up stuff, calling people, seeing doctors, and making copies was enough for the sick bank leave but it's not apparently.

I'm frustrated, my fingers feel like they are effing useless, my depression is hitting a new high/low, and I'm angry at myself.

Big sigh....................

I know this isn't a giant problem but my PCP hasn't returned my three calls from last week. Now I will try to schedule an appointment for Monday or Tuesday to see him and get the d@mn letter from him.

I wanted everything turned in on Monday so the process could start but now that's a pipe dream. My notes aren't specific enough from my Psych R.N. and my neuro's PA. I am missing the letter that most likely would be the most specific one.

BIGGER sigh...................

I called Psych R.N.'s number this morning and asked his voicemail for a more specific letter. I'm sure he'll write whatever I want just to stop me from calling him at this point. I'll get in to see the PCP and remedy that part of the issue. This just moves everything farther back in the process.

I just wanted everything done for Monday so I can turn it all in and have the d@mn process started.

(I just went for an early morning super sloooooooooow walk to just get out of here with my frustration and anxiety. My walking is way off and I'm tight in my lower back. I had to keep stopping and resting on my 20-minute mini-marathon. I only saw one pumpkin squashed, so that was good at least.)

You see, the process goes from my paperwork to the Superintendent's hands to a committee that is yet to be determined from people who work at the different schools in my district. Then the magic people decide yeah or nay for the leave.

I just feel like I'm starting to doubt myself here and I also think I am truly in a flare with the fevers, the fingers, the cognitive dysfunction, and the depression. It's just a different type of flare for me.

Wish me luck and continued strength and perseverance to see this through.
Thanks,
Weebs

4 comments:

~Erin~ said...

Tons of LUCK to you. I can't imagine they would deny your sick leave. Really, what more do you need to go through to be considered sick? It will work out, I'm sure.

I'm glad you went for a walk, albeit a slow one. That always helps with the depression, eve if just a little.

Take care and get better!

Denver Refashionista said...

Hang in there. Keep fighting for the sick bank. Try to rest and not stress. I think about you all the time.

Heather said...

I am sending luck and positive thoughts your way!

Walking does help with depression. I am a completely different person when I get to exercise.

Weeble Girl said...

Thanks everyone, today is much better. Tomorrow, Monday, is Ty #2!