Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Updates

I finally got to speak with the diabetes nurse educator this evening. We agreed that I should stop the Actos due to the weight gain (15 pounds). I will be starting a new medication called Victoza which is a daily shot, but it is not insulin. One of the side effects is weight LOSS (yippee!). I won't start that until the end of the month when I go back to see the diabetes nurse educator in person.

School went well, better than I probably expected. I made it through the day and no one got lost between all the switching for classes. Tomorrow we do some real work and that will separate the wheat from the chaff. I'm hoping that my enthusiasm will help to motivate everyone else to at least attempt the math problems I'll be tossing their way.

I also slept through the night again, until 4 a.m. Then I was up and puttering around on Facebook before I did my Zumba and Just Dance. It's nice to get the exercise done before work even though I have had lots of energy afterwards. The Provigil is definitely doing its job in keeping me awake and alert.

That's it for now. Night all!

No comments: