Friday, September 3, 2010

Blank

What to write about, what to write about? I'm a little blank on a specific topic although I will admit that I am mad at myself for doing some pre-marathon carb loading without a marathon in sight.

My blood sugar numbers were phenomenal yesterday. Then this morning I went shopping at 4 a.m. I was picking out some delicious looking tomatoes when I saw the biggest glazed donut. Ever.

And then I walked over and bagged it to take home and eat.

That's not even the worst of it. I also bought potato chips, buy one get one free. What in Hades was I thinking? I am a food addict and I had just bought my drugs for the day. My carb hit came quick and fast when I got home. In went the donut, in went potato chips. Up went my glucose.

Stupid, stupid, stupid move.

I am so disappointed in myself for throwing the previous day's hard work right out the door. And it was hard work as I really limited my carbs and made conscious choices to eat more protein. This diabetes thing is not easy. I thought I would have it licked by now. I stopped eating dinner out almost all the time, cut out the frappes, and even stopped the Dunkin' Donut runs. I am working out about 5 days a week. I have started cooking more healthy meals in my crock pot. I have to watch each thing I put in my mouth.

Some days the numbers are great and some days they stink.

I need to keep at this and not let my mind go blank when I make food choices. I do not want to be on insulin. I want to get this diabetes under my control. I cannot control my MS but I can put forth 100% effort to do everything I can to beat back diabetes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You fall off the horse, you get right back on! You know you can do this, you had one good day, today was just a setback! You CAN do this! Don't get down on yourself, tomorrow is a new day!