Saturday, August 8, 2009

Finding Nemo and my brother!

I have never watched "Finding Nemo" before and it's on TV tonight. I'm watching and enjoying it. I'm not generally one for kids' movies but I have been interested in this one because Ellen DeGeneres does a voice in it. I think she's a hoot. I catch her television show a lot too. Can't wait for her new episodes to air in the fall.

As for my brother, he's been in Germany since he came back from Iraq. He just made a surprise visit home tonight. My parents didn't know he was coming and neither did I. My sister (she's also in the Army in Kentucky since her tour in Iraq) knew he was coming home but never mentioned it. I guess no one told me because they thought I'd tell but let's face it, with my MS, I am more than likely to forget. Half the time I forget what people first tell me because I just don't retain it. It's that whole pause-delay thing again but it happens with plain English too.

Another random tidbit... I went to the library yesterday and picked up the new Diane Mott Davidson caterer mystery called "Fatally Flaky". I love to read her novels and this is her brand new title that came out last month. I was reading something else but switched to her book this afternoon while I lolled around in bed. It's so good.

I also have a major desire for cake. I want cake with some ice cream. It's more than a month away until my birthday but I want that cake now. CAKE. I'm like Cookie Monster gone awry from cookies to cake. Me want cakey!

That's all the randomness I can muster for today.

2 comments:

Denver Refashionista said...

Thanks for all the nice notes on FB. I'm great, how about you?

Diane said...

I LOVE Finding Nemo. What did you think after watching it?

Great that you got to see your Brother and hear his travel stories! Cake is good! We just got a chocolate one yesterday!

When do you start work again?