Saturday, February 28, 2009

Tag, I'm it again: another meme updated





Directions: Once you have been tagged, you have to write a blog with 25 random things, facts, habits or goals about yourself. At the end, choose 10 people to be tagged. Don't forget to tag them in the note. You can't tag the person who originally tagged you.


1.) I graduated seventh in my high school class, even though I was supposed to graduate a year earlier than I did.

2.) I check my Facebook page far too often for someone who has nothing to do all day. I have lots of "friends" but only a few friends.

3.) I love catsup on macaroni and cheese and I also put it on Tuna Helper stuff and in chicken soup. I know, I know - you think it's gross.

4.) I do not like Halloween as a "holiday" except for the little kids in cute costumes. I'm tired of too big kids going around and wreaking havoc on pumpkins and taking candy when they should be celebrating in some other way. If you're 6 feet tall then I suggest you put away the tired mask you've been using for the last 3 years. I also am not a big fan because I hate the scary costumes.

5.) There are days when I do not take my shower until late, like 4 p.m. Yes, I am that lazy.

6.) I went to an all-women's college for my undergraduate work. It was in Virginia, a beautiful private college called Sweet Briar College in central Virginia.

7.) I am pizzed at myself for not making Phi Beta Kappa in college. If I had actually worked just a little bit harder I would have done it but I am a great procrastinator. I am an Olympic procrastinator.

8.) I prefer swimming in a pool to swimming in the lake or the ocean. The ocean scares me actually because I have an unnatural fear of getting sucked out to sea or caught in a riptide. I do like the ocean for the seashells.

9.) I have author crushes on Frances Mayes and Laurie Halse Anderson. Frances Mayes wrote "Under the Tuscan Sun" and "Bella Tuscany". I read both books again every year and dream of visiting her in Italy.

Laurie Halse Anderson has written several books including "Chains", "Prom", "Fever 1793" and many others. I once had the opportunity to speak with her on the phone as my dad knows her and I about wet myself with excitement.


10.) I am a huge Survivor and an Amazing Race fan. I hate football season because it ALWAYS preempts the Amazing Race. I'm such a Survivor dork that once I bought myself and one of my BFFs buffs from CBS that were purple. They are about "thisbig" I have no idea how the women on the show can wear them as skirts or shirts, no matter how anorexic looking they become. I could fit the thing on my head and then it was tight.


11.) I have multiple sclerosis, diagnosed in 2005 after a year of being really sick with it. I was certain I had it long before my second neurologist finally diagnosed me about a year after suffering with all sorts of typical symptoms.

12.) This year for Christmas I almost bought myself a Snuggi, those giant blankets on TV with the sleeves. I abstained, probably for the better anyway.

13.) I watch The Girls Next Door on E TV and no I don't watch it for the blurred out nudity. I'm not gay, not that there is anything wrong with that. I just find the whole dynamic weirdly mesmerizing and I have a few other female friends who watch also.

14.) My dream job was to work for the FBI as a field agent. I applied twice but was rejected.

15.) I once wrote a 20 page paper in Spanish in one night while as an undergrad.

16.) Those of you that know old school Duke basketball teams may be surprised to know that I was enamored with Bobby Hurley. I also had a crush on Mike Hopkins of Syracuse who is now an assistant coach.

17.) When I was much younger I used to "steal" handfuls of bird food from the local grocery store and throw it out to the birds when I came home.

18.) I ALWAYS knock out my opponent when I box on Wii boxing. It tires me out but I always win.

19.) I love to watch fireworks and they amaze me now as they did when I was just a little girl.

20.) If I could, I would get paid to write. I can't so thank goodness I can do this for free and get paid as a teacher, even though I am out of work until the 1st of May.


21.) My first ever "boyfriend" is a friend of mine on Facebook now. That's all you'll get out of me.

22.) I have a terrible penchant for dating (and ogling) military men although I stick mostly to the Army because I am close to Ft. Drum. My most serious romance was with a Marine but I also dated someone in the Air Force and had a fling with someone in the Navy. A girl needs to support the military, you know.

23.) I used to collect Ernie stuff (of Bert and Ernie fame) up until last year. Yes, I said last year.

24.) I like hip-hop, rap, top 40, Michael Buble' doing it old style, and even country music.

25.) Sometimes I think pizza and chocolate can solve lots of problems even though they only solve the need for food and sugar.

1 comment:

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

I also do not like taking showers until later in the day. You can write well.