Monday, January 24, 2011

What's up?

It seems I have been away for about a week now so I figured it was about time to get back on here. I have a phone appointment in a little while with an MSer who is thinking about making the switch to Tysabri. That has caused me to go back and do some reading of ye olde blog from way back, I mean waaaaaaaaay back. Years back so I can remember what it was like for me in the beginning. I had even forgotten I started in October of 2008, thinking it was in November.

It's a good thing I went back and looked at things. I know this MSer will have some questions for me and I am afraid I will come off as a dolt because I don't remember all my Tysabri history. Now, it's just a part of my routine every month and I have been doing so much better for at least a solid year. What a difference this medicine has made in my life!

I know not everyone has the same symptoms as I do and the same reaction to every medicine. I do know that, for me, Tysabri has been a step in the right direction. I am much better mentally, emotionally, and physically now as compared to when I first started Tysabri. As I look at the changes in my life in the past 6 months: a diagnosis of Type 2 diabetes, a change in grades at school, and the death of my father, I see that I have had ups and downs but they are normal ups and downs. Yes, my depression did get worse but I seem to be coming out of the tunnel and into the light again.

So what's up? My mood has lifted, physically I am in less pain, and I am enjoying looking forward to the small, positive, good parts of life.

1 comment:

Diane said...

Thank you so much for your advice and insight regarding your experience with Tysabri. I'm glad to hear that things are starting to look brighter for you and you will be able to take a part in the MS Walk again this year! :)