Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The end of Christmas

I'm showing my MS symptoms here while I am trying to undecorate my Christmas tree. Standing for a few minutes and bending and holding those little tiny colored ornaments is killing me. Again, it's like a mini-marathon of activity. Do a little and then sit down for a while.


I have a friend coming over on Friday to help me take down and store the empty tree. She thinks it will fit back into its original box and she, being the same person who showed me that the oven door can come off, may just be correct. If it was just me I'd probably end up with it in the living room all year long so thank goodness for my friend, the Goddess of Cleaning, BJM.


I'm also trying to get my sick bank leave extended. That seems to be much easier to get an extension compared to the original request to use sick bank time. The crazy thing about it is that it's deja vu all over again. My dad had a nuclear stress test on Tuesday and the results weren't good. He has an artery completely blocked and needs surgery again. It is supposed to be scheduled for Monday of next week. This will be his fourth surgery in about 6 weeks, all on his heart.


In other news, I received a nice blog comment from Pitney Bowes who must have people scouring google to see where their name turns up. I mentioned a neat program that they were promoting called Holiday Mail for Heroes in early December. You could send cards to a certain address and the cards would be distributed to military personnel and vets all over the world. I sent in some cards left over from last Christmas and a few new ones from this year. I've already bought the clearance cards so I can participate in the program next year.

Here's the blog comment from Pitney Bowes:
***********
Pitney Bowes has left a new comment on your post "Holiday Mail for Heroes, an easy way to help other...":

On behalf of everyone at Pitney Bowes and the American Red Cross, thank you for all of your support in helping to spread the word about the “Holiday Mail for Heroes” program.

We would like you to know that we’ve not only reached the goal of delivering one million cards to US service members, veterans and military families, but we surpassed it! And it’s all because people like you and your blog readers who got involved. View the following video for more details and a personal message of thanks from all of us: http://blip.tv/file/1643672/.

We could not have done it without you.

4 comments:

Heather said...

It's amazing the difference just one person can make. You should be very proud of yourself.

Good luck with the Christmas tree! If I lived closer I would love to help.

SwampAngel65 said...

It's really nice to get acknowledged for something now and then, isn't it? Very cool of Pitney Bowles to write you like that.

Thank God I had my oldest son around to help undecorate our tree and put everything back up in the attic. If I had to do it alone...well, I may be one of those people who leave their Christmas decorations up all year!

Hope everything turns out well for your dad.

Shaun said...

My prayers are with you and your family.
Love and God bless,
Shaun

Lisa Emrich said...

Thinking of you and your father.