Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Vacation, yes!

I went to work today and made it through okay. I woke up feeling much better than yesterday, without spaghetti legs and the dizziness and wobblies.

Now I have five blissful, beautiful days off for Thanksgiving vacation. Not that I plan on doing much of anything other than sleeping and reading, with some occasional eating thrown in for good measure.

I ordered a turkey dinner with the trimmings for my mom and me to enjoy on Thursday. I just need to pick it up from the grocery store and heft it over to my mom's house. It's all cooked and we just need to reheat it and then I can bring home lots of leftovers.

I hate to say this but another blogger, Mike, just lost his Dad on the 13th. Mike and I both have diabetes and MS and now share the loss of our dads. Too many things in common for now.

I am also praying for my other friends who have lost their dads, especially BJM and Annie, a friend from work who also just lost her dad this month. Ann and I had a nice telephone chat this evening as I reached out to let her know I was thinking about her.

The losing-a-parent club sucks.

1 comment:

Sherri said...

there are no words that are right or good....

i cannot imagine the pain of losing a parent...

wishing only peace now... i hope it finds you and you can move on through the most difficult time of the year....