Sunday, November 14, 2010

Breathing in and out

My mom's brother leaves today to return to Minnesota. My sister leaves tonight to return to Fort Campbell. My brother is here through next Sunday. That leaves me and my mom to stay here in this place where there is no longer my Dad on this Earthly plain.

For now I focus on breathing in and out and taking one step at a time.

I slept fairly well last night and feel much better today. I am toying with the idea of taking Monday off to sleep and rest up for the long week ahead with parent-teacher conferences.

It is odd to think that we have buried my dad. His spirit is still strong in their house. I wonder when the full magnitude of his loss will hit me...

People have been extraordinarily kind during this past week. Cards, visits, food, coming to the calling hours and the funeral, and kind words/messages in real life and on Facebook. I have been blessed and showered in an outpouring of love.

It feels weird to write but somehow I still consider myself a lucky woman.

No comments: