Monday, November 15, 2010

It's been a week...

It has now been one week since my Dad died last Monday at 2:50 p.m. How can it be one whole week already?

I took today off as a personal day to sleep and rest. I go back to work tomorrow but I don't really want to do that. Of course, life goes on and I have to get on with life. I'd rather just stay in my apartment or be with my family or sleep. I don't really want to talk to a lot of people or be around people who know. I just want to wallow in a cocoon of sadness until I am ready to be sociable again.

So many people have been kind and have given me good advice. I am grateful for every one of them. It is true what they have written, that I will want to stop the world from spinning while I go through this incredibly personal time of grieving. I don't want other people to be laughing unless I am laughing with them.

This time last year was about when Franklin got sick and had to be put down. I miss him all the time. How do I deal with the loss of a parent if I am still not over my beloved pet? (As an aside, I do love you, Edison.)

How do I take some of the pain away from my Mom?

How do I keep on breathing when my Dad can no longer do that on Earth?

How, how, how?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I know you can't believe this yet, but it will get easier. It will happen...one day, it won't hurt quite the same way. And if you don't feel like being around people, don't. There is no book on how to survive this, you will do it in your own way, in your own time. Do what works for you, what makes you feel better. The people who love you will understand, and will be here for you when you do feel like seeing them again. Be gentle with yourself weebs, and take it one day at a time. Know that you are a survivor, and you will survive this too.
Love you,
BJM