Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Pardon the dust

I wish I could say that the blog has been under renovation and that's why I have been away but alas that is not the case. I've just been plain old busy, sometimes lazy, and occasionally playing hooky at the same time. I beg your forgiveness for my slothful ways.

Back to the telling of the birthday bonanza weekend...

Saturday was a bust with my big surprise and not being able to scrapbook. Sunday was much better because my bestie BJM took me out to dinner with her family. I also got a totally awesome gift from BJM and a lovely card. The gift was a beautiful necklace from Tiffany and Co. complete with the blue box! Talk about a surprise. Woot woot!

Monday came and with it my birthday lunch at work. That was okay but my parents came over after work for the real big surprise delivery. We sat for 90 minutes waiting and finally the gift arrived. It was a gorgeous leather sofa in Seattle coffee bean brown. It was somewhat on my radar but I was thinking maybe a recliner, not a whole sofa. I was delighted and shocked.

Tuesday came with two more gifts from my sis in Afghanistan: a gift card to Kohl's and a set of margarita glasses. And then, as quickly as it had come, the birthday hoopla was over.

Whew, 40 is great.

Work is going well although I am letting my last class stress me out. All the other classes are good to great. The last class has some wonderful children in it and then some that are not so wonderful. The last handful of non-wonderful ones are making me stressed out. A girl with MS doesn't need that. Hey, a girl without MS doesn't need that. No one needs that.

Deep sigh! I need to start exercising and doing yoga again. I need that release of tension and endorphins. So off I go...

2 comments:

Webster said...

While I am sad that you didn't get together with your Mom and had to blow off scrapbooking with your friend, it is really nice that you were given a couch! It sounds like a lovely gift!

Lisa Emrich said...

Hey, happy birthday!! 40 isn't so bad after all. Welcome to the next decade. :)