Sunday, June 28, 2009

Vacation is here!

It's official. I am now on vacation as of Friday the 26th. No more homework, no more books, no more kiddos' dirty looks! Yeah.

Dad has come home from the hospital today. There were some snafus on Thursday when he went in to have the surgery but in the end it seems to have worked itself all out. He needed another surgery to put in another wire to his heart defibrillator/pacemaker device. He has had problems breathing and this surgery is designed to help the heart pump more efficiently so the oxygen is better passed throughout the body. Or at least that's the way I understand it.

I am so proud that I made it to the end of the year with only one day taken off for a sick day and another 90 minutes off to make my Tysabri appointment this past week on Tuesday. I did it! It may sound silly but those two months were a fight every day to get up and go but I did it.

It was difficult going back to work after all that time off. The kiddos had developed some really terrible habits that I battled each day until last Thursday. The kiddos' last day was a half day on Wednesday and many of them gave me hugs on their way out the door so that was nice. Then Thursday was a day for paperwork and packing up my room as I have to move rooms this year. I got it all packed though.

Then I got crazy and went out for drinks with some coworkers on Thursday. I NEVER do things like that. I think my friends were as surprised as I was when I said I would go. I had three yummy daiquiris that were rather weak so I was okay to drive home after a few hours of enjoying the sun and then the breeze. While we were there it was so windy that we saw the umbrella from the middle of another table come flying out and across the porch area where we were sitting. Thankfully no one was hurt.

My air conditioner was put in place by BJM's hubby the other night. It's been pleasant to have that on some of these muggy evenings. I run the fan every night all year long, even in the winter; unless, of course, it's a night where I have the AC running.

My brother is still in Europe heading to Greece. My sister is flying over to join him in Greece and then they are supposed to see the running of the bulls in Pamplona, Spain. She'll be with him for two weeks. I hope they take lots of pics so I can view them on Facebook.

My MS seems to be holding steady with nothing new cropping up. I have been sleeping a lot since school has ended but that's okay. I have no other plans. I do plan to take my chair outside in the shade and do some reading here soon. I also need to get some exercising in again.

That's all I have for now. Night!

6 comments:

Jen said...

Running of the bulls? I've always wanted to witness that in person..

Diane said...

All sounds good in your little slice of the world! :)

Anonymous said...

So pleased to hear your Dad is home and all is good as you start summer vacation. Enjoy every day of it!

Denver Refashionista said...

Congrats. I knew you could do it! Enjoy your vacation. I know I am loving mine. I mostly do whatever I want when I want and that rocks.

Heather said...

Enjoy every minute of your summer break! Having my son sometimes makes me miss those moments of being able to do whatever I want. I love him so much though and can kind of do that when he's sleeping.

Webster said...

Have a great Summer break. Don't forget to post! Keep us up on what you're reading.