Monday, February 22, 2010

OMB (Oh my blog!)

Yep, I'm at it again. Here I am typing away for a second day in a row. I hope there's still someone rambling around out here in my part of cyberspace to read this.

So what have I got for you?

No snow day again. No surprise. For those of you that don't "know" me, I live in the snow belt. We get a lot of snow in the winter, usually a minimum of 120 inches or so. We have not had one snow day yet. Any teacher in these parts will admit to being restless and eager for a snow day. SOON!

I know that no one else really gets snow days off. I understand your envy of teachers getting a day off for free. It's a bonus day that they pay you to stay home and watch TV and nap. Life doesn't get much better than that.

We have 5 days scheduled for snow days on top of our regular work days. Not one has been used and this is a record. We have never gone this long in the winter season without a snow day. Teachers all over the area awake each day to turn on the TV in hopes that a real snow storm has struck that wasn't on the radar. I can almost hear the collective groan of these dedicated workers getting up at 5 a.m. and being denied that special day.

I know, suck it up.

I will and I do. I go to work each day, sometimes begrudgingly, but my day will come.

In other stuff, I danced and then boxed for a good hour. I know I have had a good workout when my eyesight starts to get blurry. I know this is a typical occurence for MSers when their body temperature rises. Stuff tends to go a little haywire but it's just temporary.

I also know I have had a good workout when I am sufficiently sweaty and my body feels good. I am starting to crave this thing called exercise. I used to be thin a long time ago and I worked out often. I was even a runner. Then I got fat, real fat, and then I got sick and finally I got diagnosed with MS. Since MS I haven't done a lot of serious moving around until now. I never thought my Wii would motivate me because the Wii Fit didn't do much for me. I thought it was boring and not fun enough. Turns out, I just needed to find the games for me.

Who would have thunk that a Fatty McFattypants like me would be getting in shape with video games? Stranger things have happened.

Like no snow days, for one!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i definitely adore your posting kind, very useful.
don't give up and also keep writing simply because it simply that is worth to look through it,
looking forward to view more and more of your current well written articles, have a good one :)

Anonymous said...

i absolutely love all your posting style, very interesting,
don't quit and keep penning due to the fact it simply just nicely to look through it.
looking forward to see additional of your own writing, goodbye ;)