Tuesday, May 29, 2012

What a surprise!

I know you see information about your credit scores on television all the time.  Frankly, I have been scared to know what my numbers were.  Then I got a packet in the mail today from the credit union.  It contained my three credit scores from the three major companies that compile them.

And, I am NOT at the rock bottom of the credit heap!

In fact, I think my score is a lot higher than I ever thought it would be. 

I'm shocked!

I guess sometimes we're more afraid of what we don't know so we keep it pushed to the side, in the dark, hidden away.  We pretend that if we don't deal with it, that it must be okay.  But, deep down inside, we take little peeks and look at that dark corner and tell ourselves that it is too scary, too hard, too impossible to deal with and then we close ourselves off again.

What the hell have I been waiting for?  Silly me for being scared of a number that doesn't define me solely, but a number that I needed to know anyway.

Like the number on the scale.

That's a number, a big one, one that puts me squarely in the morbidly obese category but you have to know where you are so you can know where in God's creation you are going.  Maybe one of these days I'll post that number on here but I'm not ready yet.

I am, however, going to get a new scale so I can start looking at that number and reminding myself that that number is one piece of me.  A piece of me that needs to change but a piece of me that doesn't change all the many good parts of me.

I may be a fat girl but I'm still a great person.

1 comment:

Renae Clare said...

A good credit score is definitely something to be proud of! :)

I found your blog randomly while looking for other MS bloggers. I've had MS for 40 years and finally worked up the courage to write about my experience in my new memoir. I love your blog and will continue to read it--you approach your life with humor and I totally dig that!

If you're ever interested in reading the ramblings of another MS sufferer, feel free to visit my blog! :)