Saturday, March 27, 2010

March madness

I live in central NY state and Syracuse is our local basketball team but they were beaten the other day by Butler. So now I am going with Butler all the way in the NCAA tournament. Sometimes you have to root for the underdog, the Cinderella team.

I was so excited that my Tastefully Simple goodies have arrived. The problem is that it always tastes so much better when someone else makes it. I made the Spinach Artichoke dip today but it tastes all wrong to me. I'm so dissappointed in that. Bummer that I can't eat more fattening foods! LOL

I also have my TS drinks here. I have watermelon margaritas and mojitos chilling in the freezer. I need to try them out to see what I am going to raffle off in my basket for work.

I'm not sure if I mentioned this or not but I am going to raffle off two goodie baskets at work. One has some Tastefully Simple stuff in it and some chocolate and the other will have hair care products and was generously donated by my hair stylist/coiffer extraordinaire, Becca. The proceeds will go to the National MS Society as part of my walk donations.

Speaking of which I almost at $1500 in donations. I am a mere twenty-three dollars away from that milestone. I'm so proud that I have been able to raise so much money so quickly. Thank you to everyone who has helped, whether it's been by joining the team or sending donations or words of support. I still find it hard to believe that I am feeling so well at this point in time. This is such a gift.

I remember what it was like when I was sick with symptoms all the time and then somehow, gradually, I ended up here in this place of health and wellness. I don't know how it happened but it did. I am grateful for that.

No comments: