Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Where have I been?

So where have I been and more importantly, do you care? I have been busy with work and kitten duty and just taking a break from the blog. I have been thinking very little about my multiple sclerosis and about multiple sclerosis in general. I haven't even been reading my MS friends' blogs. I have just been living in the moment, sometimes blissfully and sometimes woefully but I have just been breathing and going with the flow.

Christmas was wonderful. It started with Christmas Eve at BJM's house where I arrive early to help out/chat for the party that takes place at her home. Christmas was spent at my parents' house with my younger sister. It was her first Christmas home in three years because she has been in Iraq the last two years. My brother is stationed in Germany and he traveled to Rome and Turkey with some friends for the holidays.

Gifts were exchanged and I had great joy in my heart as presents were opened by family and friends. I think that is one of my most favorite parts of the holiday: buying gifts for others. It's a neat challenge to seek out something special for someone special.

My sister leaves tomorrow to go see her best friend for a few days. Then she is off to Afghanistan next month. It was weird to hear her say, "I'll see you in 2011!" I was at the house helping her make deviled eggs today. Something so simple compared to what she'll be doing next month.

So how was your holiday? I hope it rocked!

I'll try to come back with more regularity. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Weebs. You sound so much more self-assured than when we first encountered each other on the MS boards ... and you have shared so much of that journey with all of us.

I've begun therapy as you are completing it, and I'm finding ways to make compromises, to balance my energy and keep some for home, and ask for help from my partners at school.

Wishing you and all of us a peaceful, stronger new year.

-Chalknpens

Weeble Girl said...

Chalknpens,

Thank you for noticing the difference and for being along for the journey.

I hope your journey brings you happiness and the calm that you need.

Hugs my friend,
Weebs