Tuesday, July 19, 2011

This isn't my first rodeo...

It's been almost a week since I last posted. What have I been up to?

Well, on the diabetes front I am basically testing twice a day like I was told to do. I have started eating better with more fruits and veggies.

Exercise? Well, something's gotta give and it's been that. I have only exercised once, partially because I am lazy and don't think about it until about eight o'clock and it's hot and humid then. I have been more active than usual because I have been cleaning and organizing and hauling things out to the dumpster. I am having a Tastefully Simple party on Thursday with a bunch of friends coming over to my place.

Having a party like that once a year is a good thing because I see my friends, we have a great time, and I clean my place up! The bad thing is it's supposed to be about 100 degrees that day which is just ridiculous. It never gets that hot here and I only have air conditioning in my bedroom. Sigh, I'll figure something out with the fans to keep people alive and ungrumpy.

My brother is still home which is nice. I met his new girlfriend the other day and she seems to have redeeming qualities beyond the fact that she is attracted to my dork of a brother. Hehehe...

Tomorrow will be the continuation of some cleaning and organizing and making the beer bread and the chocolate pound cake. I also have to make a strawberry cheeseball. Everything else is made already.

Now I just need to start moving my body!

No comments: