Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Spring Break but I'm not broken

I really wish in some ways that I would find the oomph to get myself back on here regularly, but the reality is that it's just not there. I find that I used to write more when I was depressed, sad, mad, and more MSey.

I feel pretty good right now. I can't believe that I am typing this (don't throw things at your screen, please) but it's the truth.

Am I perfect? Heck no. Am I skinny? Heck no. Am I a millionaire? Heck no.

I remember when I was so sick with symptoms and searching for a solid diagnosis, or rather a neurologist that would give me the MS diagnosis I was certain I had. I remember walking with a cane and being a mid-30-something woman wondering if I would make it across the road before the car coming at me took me out. I remember the all-inclusive depression that hung like a thick cloak around my shoulders. I remember it all and somehow, right this moment, I am past it.

I've gone through it, over it, around and underneath it to get where I am right now. I have a place in my life with meds that mostly control my symptoms. I have supportive friends and family (who'd have thunk that?). I have a job that is winding down in two months for summer vacation. I'm on my Spring Break, finally!

I have 12 days until my MS Walk. Three miles versus me and my team, Team Weeble. We have cool T-shirts and I have personally raised $2040. Go me; I'm so proud that I have been able to do that. I am so proud that I even have a team who wants to walk with me.

I'm also excited about a local MS Self Help Group starting in my area. I went to the first meeting two weeks ago and felt that I was making another positive step. I think I may share my blog addy with them at the next meeting.

I also started Zumba in my little apartment a few weeks back. Talk about a workout! My flab is shaking and I am breathing hard and I'm sweaty but it is awesome for me. Thankfully no one else can see me doing it because my steps are sometimes way off.

I just keep moving though.

No comments: